Sunday, January 25, 2009

Completely Useless Information That I Love


I was reading The Usless Book Of Information and thought I'd publish my favorite Facts:




When the Wizard of Oz came out critics said it was uncreative and stupid

Louisa May Alcott hated children

If you are afraid of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth, you have arachibutyrophobia

The University of Alaska is spread across four time zones

Central Park is almost twice as large as Monaco

Three Mile Island is 2.5 miles

Michael Jordan makes more money each year from Nike than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined

The fastest swimmers swimming Freestyle can swim at about four miles per hour. Fish, have been recorded swimming at 68 miles per hour

A rat can last longer without water than a camel

Kangaroo Rats never drink water

In the United States there are about 15,000 people over the age of 100

Even with Rudolf in front, there are 40,320 ways to arrange Santa’s reindeer
Sincerely,
D

3 comments:

Susan English Mason said...

Who would have thunk it? I need this book. I love useless information. I think you should help auxiliary get her own personal blog going. It would be fun if the three of us could visit each other.

Deborah said...

lol some of that stuff is pretty ridiculous, there are about 3 of them in the series, and another series of great useless facts is the "Bathroom Reader" series lol. I'll see if I can convince Auxiliary Girl to make her own- oh wait she just said yes literally 2 seconds ago , perfect!

Auxiliary Girl said...

Well,
Our resident blog expert set up and designed a personal blog for me. Now I have to figure out how to write stuff for it!! This should be interesting.....