Monday, June 28, 2010

H Mart, Not a Tacky Curtain Store

Glico Pocky Biscuit Sticks with Strawberry Cream, 1.41-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 10)

Attending a boarding school exposed me to many different cultures, Russian, Indian, Korean, Mexican, Japanese, etc.  During my visits in the dorm rooms, I would see many different snacks, mostly Japanese.  I always envied them, they had the soda I could only find at Epcot in Disney World.  Since I am not aware of the name, it has been difficult for me to find these snacks.  Not anymore.

Today while on the way to pick up a special order of fabric, I noticed a sign, it read, H Mart.   H Mart I wondered, thinking it was probably some tacky home furnishing store with ugly curtains.  I was wrong, H Mart is actually a wonderful place if you happen to love Asian snacks, sodas, and fruits.  H Mart is certainly a SUPER-market.  It has a multitude of everything from Korean face cream to my favorite Japanese soda.  We couldn't stay long, my mother had a hard time with the odor of the fish, I certainly enjoyed my time there.  I was so excited, frantically looking from aisle, picking up anything that I recognized or just looked good.  

They even have a food court.
You can find locations and shop online here

No comments: