Friday, August 22, 2008

An Exciting "Safari"


Yesterday I came back from a trip to Florida, still laughing about an encounter I had with a lion, some cheetahs, and a couple of raging three thousand pound Rhinos. On a what seemed to be normal ride on the Kilimanjaro Safari at Disney's Animal Kingdom, I was not expecting a Fight. There were delays as there sometimes are, but I just assumed that it was some really slow bird or elephant crossing the road. So, I just waited patiently while our Tour Guide Droned on about an antelope or something, until we started moving again. The Safari was quite typical, until we came across some rhinos, we thought were just playing around. Until the "Playing Rhinos" Started running around the reserve, tripping, and dragging one another by the horns, getting other rhinos involved, and getting every animal there to watch the show. These other animals never wake up either. I have been on the Safari at least 46 times and not once had I seen the male lion awake and roaring, the cheetahs awake and prowling and every other animal watching one thing... It was great! Also, the rhinos started running alongside our vehicle.
It was a great show, so I was eager to go again, and luckily I had fast pass (a pass that you get for an attraction you want to go to, and you get though the line quicker). So I headed off to go again.
Well, the fight was over, the cheetahs were gone and the lions were sleeping. Though I did see one of the rhinos that was being dragged, resting in some hot mud looking absolutely beaten up. It was sad, but hey, I guess that's Nature.
Sincerely,
D

No comments: